Return to Contents
The Alternative Messaging Environment
AltME puts you in charge of your own Internet world...
AltME organizes your communication...
- You decide who can visit, what they can do, how long they can stay.
- You control your world environment, how it will look, what can be done there.
- You visit in private, free from the prying eyes of Microsoft, AOL, or Yahoo. Even Safeworlds, Inc. can not see what happens in your world.
- You connect to your own secure network, featuring cloaked transmissions so Internet sniffers can not decode them.
AltME: Take charge of your world!
- One simple program contains many many ways to communicate.
- Focused messaging makes online conversations as natural as the telephone.
- Group chat feels like a party.
- Checklists, calendars, photo albums, and more, work together to create exciting new forms of communication.
System and Network Requirements
AltME works well on these operating systems:
Macintosh OSX and other systems will be added soon.
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- Linux LibC 6 (Red Hat and others)
The recommended minimum system requirements for AltME are:
A sound device is not required at this time.
- 2 MB of available disk space
- 300 MHz processor
- 32 MB of RAM
- 16 bit graphics (but, it does work on 8 bit too)
- Connection to the Internet (TCP/IP)
If you can access the World Wide Web with a browser, then you
are pretty much set to go. The exception is if you use a
firewall, even a personal firewall like ZoneAlarms (see the Advanced Topics chapter for more
information on firewalls).
If you experience a problem with AltME, the first thing to do
is to check your Web browser and make sure that it is working.
If not, then there is a problem with your system connecting to
If you think AltME should work on your computer, but it doesn't
for some reason, please tell us! We
are committed to making AltME work everywhere and on all
Also, you may want to check our FAQ to see if
it contains information that might help.
How AltME was Created
AltME was created using an amazing Internet messaging
language called REBOL. REBOL is one of the reasons why AltME is
so small and powerful, and REBOL also allows us at SafeWorlds to
quickly add new features that help make AltME the best system
for the next generation of user-friendly instant communications.
For more information on REBOL and the incredible power it brings
to Internet software development, visit REBOL Technologies.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions, feedback, or suggestions about AltME,
you can contact us through our web site form.
We will try to respond to your feedback in a timely fashion, but
sometimes due to the volume of messages we receive, it might
take us a few days to get back to you.
Downloading the Entire Guide
In the future, we will provide a way for you to download this
entire guide, but that is not yet available.
Searching the User Guide
In the future, we will provide a way for you to search this user
entire guide, but that feature is not yet available.